As technology shifts away from desktop computers to the use of portable devices and technology, mobile-friendly email design has become a buzz word around the globe. We all know that mobile email marketing is taking the world by storm, therefore your emails must be mobile-friendly.
However, creating mobile-friendly email messages remains a challenge. Hence, while designing mobile-friendly email campaigns, everything from subject line to column layouts and CTA buttons needs to be optimized for mobile screens.
What Is A Mobile-Friendly Email?
A mobile-friendly email is an email that displays optimally on both a desktop and a mobile device. These types of emails avoid the need for your audience to zoom in and out in order to view the content. Furthermore, a mobile-friendly email is easy to navigate from any type of mobile phone.
If your emails aren’t mobile-friendly, you may be missing out on opportunities to engage your subscribers and drive results.
So let’s take a look at 10 actionable tips that any marketer can do right now to make their emails more mobile-friendly.
1.Compose Short Subject Lines
- Keep the subject line short with less than 40 characters.
- Also use emojis which help your subject line stand out.
- Customize your subject line based on the recipient.
2.Consider Using Pre-Header
- While designing mobile-friendly emails, pre-header text can be a lifesaver.
- It is the first line of copy in your email which supports your subject line.
- You can use up to 100-character lines in your pre-header text.
3.Use Single-Column Layout
- A single column layout makes your email cross-device compatible.
- Also it can be viewed with different email clients.
- Single columns can also simplify your design and highlight your content.
4.Use Larger Fonts
- Usage of large fonts makes your emails easier to read on any device.
- A font size of 13 or 14 pixels makes your email more readable on a small screen.
- Hence, always make sure to use bigger fonts to grab the user’s attention.
5.Include Right Call-To-Action (CTA)
- CTA serves as a connection point between your brand and your customers.
- While designing CTA button, make sure to use strong action words.
- Also, make sure to use only one CTA button which must be clear and concise.
6.Keep Your Email Under 600 Pixels
- Having more pixels can be a drawback for your email campaign.
- Always, make sure to keep your email under 600 pixels wide.
- A width of 600 pixels will make sure the full content of your email is visible.
7.Display Small Images
- To keep your emails mobile-friendly, use images those are smaller than 5 MB.
- Images that are less than 5 MB can load easily and will take less bandwidth.
- Also, make sure to use brighter images that grab user’s attention.
8.Don’t Use Too Many Hyperlinks
- Too many hyperlinks can cause the problems as they will act as tiny forms of navigation.
- If you put more than one or two hyperlinks, consider using large text or image buttons.
- Also, make sure to not to place two hyperlinks right next to each other.
9.Choose The Right Color Pallet
- Colors play a major on the screen whether it’s on mobile or desktop.
- Always, choose right color pallet for your emails that engage your audience.
- Make sure to not select more than 3 colors for any designs or branding.
10.Include Meaningful Content
- To make your mobile-friendly email more effective, use relevant content that aligns with your audience.
- Ensure your email subject line and body copy aligned with each other.
- Make sure to deliver intriguing content in the beginning of your email i.e., subject line or pre-header.
As technology is moving at an incredible speed, most of the commercial and transactional messages are going mobile. Hence, offering mobile-friendly email campaigns can only be an asset to your company and your subscribers.
If your email doesn’t display correctly, most of the recipients will delete it immediately, so use the above-mentioned tips to begin optimizing your emails for mobile devices and ensure that they look good.